Electrical Appliance Testing (PAT Testing)
BD Group offers Electrical Appliance Testing for businesses across Greater London and South East England. PAT Testing is the process of checking electrical appliances for safety through a series of visual inspections and electronic tests. Most electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination, but some types of defect can only be found by testing, so it is important that both are undertaken.
Each test includes:
- Visual inspection of the appliance, flex and plug top
- Inspection of connections and the fuse and tightening wire connections if appropriate
- A series of electrical tests are undertaken to ensure that it is properly earthed (Earth Continuity Test, Class 1 appliance) and insulated (Insulation Resistance Test, Class 1 and 2 appliance)
- A label is affixed to the appliance indicating whether it has passed or failed, along with the test date, re-test date and Appliance ID number
- A detailed record is given for each appliance and its location
- A full and detailed report will be produced for your records of maintenance and helps with insurance queries in the future. Even though not a legal requirement it covers your organisation for electrical safety compliance to The Electricity at Work Act 1989.
As the duty holder, BD Group can survey your site free of charge and assist with guidance to ensure all services are carried out in accordance with the new standard. We will reinforce the necessity to establish and conduct appropriate safety checks, considering current working practices and legal requirements. Any faults will be reported to the duty holder and taken out of service.