Legionella and water hygiene services
Our expert teams provide water hygiene services, including Legionella risk assessments, water hygiene monitoring services, Legionella sampling, water tank cleaning and remedial works.
Our experienced and trained consultants and engineers have extensive experience in all sectors from residential to commercial and industrial premises.
We aim to help our customers understand their legal obligations, to implement safe operating measures and procedures and to manage and control risks so that they are safe in the knowledge that they will be fully compliant with the law.
- Legionella risk assessments which are a statutory requirement under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 amongst others. They should be reviewed every two years or following a system change
- Monitoring and inspection programmes, which should be prepared after a risk assessment to monitor, minimise and control the identified risks of Legionella
- Microbiological and Legionella testing, which is an important feature of any control scheme. BS8554:2015 provides a number of circumstances where sampling is required:
- one-off sampling for compliance
- ad hoc sampling for verification
- sampling for investigation
- random sampling
- identification and implementation of schemes for commissioning, routine and investigative monitoring of water quality
- Water tank cleaning
- Remedial works
- Thermostatic mixer valves (TMVs) servicing. It is strongly recommended that TMVs are serviced on an annual basis.