BD Together wants to ensure that everyone who is eligible for Free School Meals is claiming this benefit. Claiming Free School Meals ensures children get a tasty and nutritious lunch and helps raise extra funds for their school.
Taking up free school meals has positive outcomes for everyone:
- children can benefit from a healthy free nutritious meal
- families entitled to free school meals could save more than £400 per child per year by claiming free school meals
- it’s anonymous for parents
- it’s anonymous for young people (thanks to our cashless catering system, claiming free school meals is anonymous – cards are swiped in the same way as a paid-for meal so nobody knows that it’s a free school meal)
- schools can benefit directly by receiving money from the government
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,320 per child at primary school or £935 per child at secondary school, paid by the government, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
To find out more, click here.